Sunday, January 27, 2008

I Like Hillary

Two things standout in my mind when thinking about Hillary Clinton: first, I like the way she handled herself when she as First Lady was called down to the special prosecutor's courthouse to testify in the Whitewater case. Everyone knew it was a trumped up political vendetta initiated by the Republican congress. But I'll never forget how she presented herself at the courthouse where a crowd of photographers and reporters was waiting: she was attired in a black dress with a cape that had an inner red lining as I recall. And she stood like a fashion model in front of the photographers with complete self confidence and ease, smiling. That was a great presence, and, of course, the charges came to nothing. But she had copmpletely upstaged her enemies.

The second was when she was grilled by Matt Lauer on the Today show after the Lewinsky scandal. She did everything she could to support her husband. That's loyalty!

That's why she would have my vote. Obama is a good man but I've yet to see how he would handle himself in a moment of crisis and I think this is important when considreing someone for the Presidency.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Since when do you watch the Today show? Have you hit rock bottom?

Farnk said...

Bailee's right...I only watched it once after Hugh Downs retired (Is he still alive? My grandmother loved him.) That once was when Hillary was on - in 1999 I think. I haven't hit bottom yet but it's getting harder to hang on.