Thursday, January 31, 2008

A Day in the Life of....

For those few of you who may be interested here is a brief overview of my day:

6am: Out of bed to pee
6:40am: Same as above then to kitchen.
6:43am: Turn up heat, open door, get paper and prepare crossword page.
6:47am: Start hot cereal, soft boiled egg, rustic artisan roll in toaster oven (if available) make
coffee in my super-automatic.
6:52am: Spouse appears. We greet each other with coughs.
7:37am: Same as 6:40am.
7:49am: Granddaughter calls. I hope she will sing "Mocking Bird" song on speakerphone.
7:58am: Spouse leaves to walk with friend.
8-10am: Waiting period
10am: Leave for 6-7 mile walk. (This week I am dog-sitting)
12:01pm: Return and lunch
1-3pm: Waiting period and same as 6:40 am.
3pm: See if Terri Gross sounds interesting.
3:48pm: Same as 6:40am.
4-6pm: All Things Considered. Spouse appears. More coughs.
6pm: Supper (either a salad with spinach leaves, lasagna or sometimes fish or chicken.
Also watch Newshour.
6:40pm: Same as 6:40 am and more
7pm: A little of Katie Couric. Floss teeth.
7:20-10:40pm: Sit and/or pace. Check to see for comments on blog. Read New Yorker.
10;45pm: Into bed. Hope for sleep.

I know this is incomplete but I just thought I would include the high points.

2 comments:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Frank, this is a gem. Classic Frank. I loved it.

Cassandra Jupiter said...

JS said: Hmm seems like you wouldn't be missing so much if you were to drive down to visit your grandchildren more often ... we do have radio and TV down here.