Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The value of Jewish education

My son's two daughters were visiting us in late August.  The parents had left for a few days to travel to Montreal and Quebec so we were alone with them.  They both love to color and draw so when I moaned about not feeling well - not being able to stop coughing - a 'Refuah Shlama' card from Saydee, the oldest, was not long in appearing.  There were many bright colors and hearts and the full lyrics to their 'refuah shlama' song (It means get better quick in Hebrew.)  Then they both came into the kitchen and sang 'refuah shlama' to gather for me.  It was great!...and, sure enough, the next day I was feeling better.

2 comments:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

I'm so glad you're back in the blogging saddle.
They can be sweet but we both know how vicious they can also be...

JS said...

JS here - keep it up! Looking forward to more.