Monday, March 9, 2009

"Designer " genes....

I looked in the window on the door of my granddaughter's preschool class and I saw her sitting at the head of the table with another girl wgho is also her friend. Her skin tone is similar to mine and her personality is too: a little shy, a lirttle introverted. Then I thought her hair is kind of like mine, too, though not as curly. I thought: there I am, sitting there, 65 years ago. My 'genes' will live on beyond me! Then I thought about my daughter's son, B, and that he bears a resemblance to pictures I saw of my mother's brother, Oscar, at his age. How the genes become blended and passed forward through the ages! What a miracle it all is....and what hope it gives us.

1 comment:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

When I read the title, I excitedly thought it was going to be about shopping. But anyway, it was a good post. Just as good as shopping. That's a great compliment, coming from a shopaholic.