Saturday, December 13, 2008

My newest love

Nothing beats the thrill of being able to complete a challenging crossword puzzle. That's right: I said crossword puzzle. Monday through Saturday our local paper, the Burlington Free Press features a crossword puzzle that grows increasingly challenging as the week goes on. A little over a tear ago I was satisfied to be able to do Monday...then a few weeks later Tuesday. Finally, I can now do EVERY day of the week. It gives me something to look forward to every morning! Sometimes they take six hours, or more, to complete even with the smart input of my wife. I'd say it's our most enjoyable together activity of all time. You can actually observe how your brain works to associate and recall and it's fun to have a PC nearby to aid in the research of facts. Oh the feeling is satisfying when the letters fall into place to form the correct word or phrase. Sometimes I even raise my fists in the air and pump like when an NFLer catches a pass and scores a touchdown!
Now my next challenge is to learn how to do the Sudokus...

No comments: