Saturday, June 28, 2008

I like box stores...

A really bad thing happened to me this afternoon: my esprresso machine came apart (I took it apart for cleaning) and I couldn't put it back together again. Naturally I tried to fix it myself and when I couldn't my breathing got tight and I began to rapidly dehydrate. (I can't cope for long without it.) I had purchased it at Bed,Bath and Beyond last December and they told me if anything happens to it "just bring it back and they would give me another." So this was a good time to see if they meant it. I drove right out, got a cart and wheeled in my machine to Customer Service. NO PROBLEM. "Just go get another one" the young woman with attractive eye shadow said. And I did, even though I noticed that the price had gone up $100 since I bought it due to revaluing of the euro (it's made in Italy.) The exchange was processed and I made my happy way home. They lived up to their guarantee. Previously, purchasing machines online, I had had no recourse except to send it back and wait - or try to get it repaired when the warranty expired....Love those box stores!

3 comments:

Haik Bedrosian said...

Bed Bath and Beyond is really good. Our amazing shower head came from there.

Cassandra Jupiter said...

I am really quite surprised that they allowed you to return/exchange. Usually when a sales person "promises" something to me, it doesn't hold true.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.