Thursday, February 21, 2008

Good things from bad...

My day didn't get off to such a good start yesterday. My daughter called and was upset with a blog I had written that had some negative comments on her family. This made me feel very guilty about blogging but her point was well-taken. I felt so bad I had resolved to stop blogging, but she called layer in the day and we had one of the best heart-to-heart talks we've had in years. It made me feel so much better when she said that one of her friends had enjoyed a couple of my blogs. I felt worthy again and was resolved to continue blogging with a new energy and discretion. A cloud of hurt had been lined with silver after all.
By coincidence another event that at first I thought very bad happened yesterday. I fell while I was out for my morning exercise just as I was turning from the road into a driveway to get to the sidewalk. I went down fast but since that part of the driveway goes up from the road I didn't fall as far as I could have. I landed on my side, my arm tucked in and I felt something twist a little in my knee. It was the same knee that had been giving me trouble for the past few months. And lo, as I picked myself up and began walking the knee felt much better as though it had been twisted back to where it should be. Maybe the aphorism: "There is a silver lining to every cloud" is true after all.

4 comments:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Hi Frank, I'm so glad having a blog has enhanced various relationships, albeit with precipitating snags and misunderstandings along the way. Now can we get the other men and ladies in our families to blog? Can you imagine my mom blogging? It might go like this...Today I cleaned out the dust from every corner of the kitchen. Tomorrow I plan to unhatch the bottom grill on the fridge and clean out every piece of dust...and so on and so forth. Josh's could go like this: Today is Tuesday, I'm really looking forward to getting my York Capital email. Today is Wednesday, yesterday I received the York Capital email....Hehehehe.

Anonymous said...

Dad, that's a great story about your knee - what luck? Those smallish incidents that can really be potentially disastrous - or just as easily not be (like dropping a chef's knife onto your (or my) daughter's barefeet, and having it land on its handle) really make me think of thanking god.

Haik Bedrosian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Haik Bedrosian said...

"smallish incidents...really make me think of thanking god."

...but not actually do it? HA! Can you think about saying something to god without actually doing it? Or are you admitting you made a conscious choice not to thank god? God can parse sentence structure, you know.