Monday, March 9, 2009

In other words....

I just returned from a weeklong visit with my son and daughter-in-law and their two children.

High points: my granddaughter S expresses her love for me by smiling up at me, grabbing my forearms and hopping up as high as she can on my thighs, like a little hoptoad, smiling in my eyes the whole time. At another time, she was down on her knees grabbing my leg and pretending to take a bite out of it,

My son went out of his way to change the defective windshield wiper on my car and when I expressed pleasure using his bread knife he told me to take it. The next morning I noticed he had wrapped it in brown paper and tied it with an elastic band so it would be safe to pack away.

My daughter-in-law cooked a deliciuous meal and provided me with a couple of very funny and insightful blogs.

My wife baked delicious hamantaschen (Haman's hat) with my granddaughter.

I told my son that I would always love him until my last day.

We all have different ways of expressing our love, sometimes in other than words.

1 comment:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

I really enjoyed this. It did make me wonder, what were the low points?