Sunday, May 4, 2008

Time e-motion studies

How quickly a week passes...how fast a life begins and ends. Looking at the twilight sky I think of how a life can disappear in the blink of an eye. All our feelings of love...and shame...and gratitude. Our remembrance of loving parents who stood by us in joy or despair. The innocent sounds of our children and the loving tenderness of a grandchild.

The feelings are ineffable. When we connect with each other it feels so good. We always think what can we say that will make the bond even stronger...but we can only carry the interchange to a certain point before interest begins to subside. We wish it were different but we realize that we must go on for if we remain fully complete in each other's presence we will go to sleep...perhaps forever.

In the end all any of us really want...is for others to love us...just the way are.

2 comments:

Cassandra Jupiter said...

Time does go by really fast, but only in retrospect. My dad used to muse to me about how the past, no matter how many years, 6, 20, 30, etc. it is, seems to only emcompass a blink. No matter how old I am or was, my dad likes to say it was only a blink ago that I was a helpless baby. Then he might add, I'll blink again and it will be ten years from now. I never used to understand this and his struggles with mortality until I got older and now I find it poignant.

Editor said...

Wise words... unconditional love is indeed what we all want, but none of us seems able to give, at least not to our spouses. Perhaps to our children... I don't have kids so I don't know yet.