Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Out in the open...ing?

My daughter-in-law (DIL) has started blogging about periods - not the grammatical kind, the menstrual kind. Apparently there are various devices for dealing with the bleeding, like tampons, and now something new called "cupping" - a device that looks kind of like a dreidl without the Hebrew lettering. I don't feel right in making a comment because of the warning included at the beginning of the blog that it is intended for "ladies only." It just seems so sexist, though, to exclude half the human race from this discussion. It seems entirely repulsive to me that someone would even consider using a "used" one - or did I misunderstand? Anyway I admire the courage of someone to blog about this semi-taboo subject and hope that it can be brought out of the shadows and into the mainstream of human sexuality.

No comments: