Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Our latest visit...

My daughter-in-law (DIL) is a very candid (i.e. shockingly blunt) person and I just have to share this latest gem with the rest of you:

I went shopping at Whole Foods with my DIL to get some bread and at the same time pick up a mirror she had ordered at Fortunoff. Then, in a brazen act of defiance toward her skinflint husband, she said she wanted to go to some furniture stores to look for a new sofa. Enjoying the thrill of being out with another profligate shopper (me) she went in a couple of stores and tried out all the easy chairs and sofas as though she could buy anything she wanted. On the way home I asked her why she didn't want to get something used on Craigslist (as she had already done with some of their other furniture.) "Because I don't want everybody else's farts in my sofa before I buy it, I just want mine!"

Take that! (I don't think she and her spouse got on that well after he tried to humor her out of the purchase.) It remains to be seen what happens.

No comments: