Friday, June 6, 2008

Breaking through...

What a day: a sleepless night, dehydrating slowly in bed while aching too much to turn over, much less to go pee. The morning news on NPR , damp and dismal house on the inside, unable to get more than two words on the crossword puzzle...Then, in the afternoon, the oil price jumps more than $10 and the stock market swoons and war with Iran looks more likely and how would poor Obama cope with that? Is there no hope? Then the phone rings and the Caller ID says "Josh Home" and I know it's my granddaughter Saydee calling but I don't answer because I talked with her this morning when 'Baba' wasn't here and I know she probably wants to talk to her now but she isn't here again, having gone to the garden, but then the answering machine goes on and I get the best event of the day: Saydee sings "My ABC's" and then "Twinkle, twinkle" and it is so cute that I can feel my whole being breaking out in a smile and turning around in circles as her WONDERful little voice fills my space. Worth continuing just for that.

1 comment: